Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Jesus Bobble-Head

A little while ago, I bought a Jesus Christ bobble-head for my office.  It's currently sitting on my desk at work.  I thought it would be a low-key way to let people know that I am Christian and serve as a fun conversation-starter for people who are interested in talking more about it.  It's also had the slightly unexpected effect of keeping me on my best behavior at work (see this fun video to get a better sense of what I mean).  

So far, no one has asked me about the bobble-head but it hasn't been here that long.  Interestingly, though, two former co-workers gave me holiday cards - one who is Christian but another denomination and one who is Mormon but no longer active.  In the first card, the person wrote "you are a real blessing and shine God's light".  In the second card, the person wrote "it is so great to see you so dedicated to God!"  I don't remember talking to either one of these people much about religion - some stuff here and there but nothing too extensive.  I guess people pay attention (both positively and negatively) more than I think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

who gave you the cards? love you