Thursday, September 07, 2006

How do I love thee?

I was going through a stack of papers tonight and I came across an old note from my wife. It was a pink sheet of paper and "How Do I Love Thee? Let me count the ways..." is printed across the top. Then she filled in the following:


  • You are a great dad

  • You spend lots of time with JD and AJ

  • You have a very kind heart

  • You work hard on improving yourself

  • You are very handsome

  • You have a great voice

  • You take care of all of us

  • You work hard to support us

  • You help take care of the house

  • You are honest

  • You are kind to animals

  • You are faithful

  • You are incredibly smart

  • Yet, you are humble

  • You are generous with time and money

  • You read with your kids

  • You don't laugh at my silly fears

  • You have terrific hair and lips

  • You are gentle


I'm so lucky to have such a supportive spouse. My wife rocks (see also this post). I wouldn't be the person I am today without my wife and I couldn't have accomplished many of the things I've accomplished without her either. Her support means more than I can explain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It definitely goes both ways. I am grateful for your love and support and would certainly be a very different person had I not met you. I love you. AP p.s. I noticed the omission :)