Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Yes we can

I'm not usually into politics.  I vote in every election and research the issues.  I strongly believe that's my responsibility and duty as part of living in a democratic society.  But I usually don't get too fired up one way or the other based on the outcomes.  This election was a little different - especially near the end.  I'm hopeful that President-Elect Barack Obama can get this country back on track and do it in a way that restores the United States as a beacon of hope for so many people in the world who don't enjoy the same freedoms and opportunities we do.

I thought President-Elect Obama gave a masterful victory speech last night in Chicago.  If you haven't seen it, it is contained here:


I believe that America can do many great things in the coming years and decades and stand ready to do my part to make that happen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it was certainly a well-thought out speech. he has really good speechwriters, apparently. i think he did a good job in his presentation of the speech, although, i wish he'd smiled a little more. he was a little yahoo serious, if you know what i'm saying. love you